We are seeking an individual with experience in algorithm development and a relatively strong math or engineering background. This role involves the design and development of calibration and diagnostic software for precision instrumentation containing electrical, mechanical and optical components in a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool. An interest in, and extensive experience with, algorithm development is a requirement.
• Understanding and analysis of the function and performance of equipment including electrical, optical and mechanical components
• Development of calibration software for these systems based on equipment specifications and performance criteria - algorithms as well as robust implementations
• Development of diagnostic routines for these systems based on specifications
• Debug of the calibration and diagnostic routines both in software and on the system
• Development of documentation for the calibration and diagnostic software
• Bachelor's degree
• 8 years in software development
• 5 years developing software algorithms, ideally in an integrated hardware/software environment
• Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and numerical analysis, with a demonstrable problem-solving ability
• Functional knowledge of image processing and analysis, in both the frequency and spatial domain
• User-level knowledge of computational geometry concepts and ideas
• Development experience with distributed processing in a heterogeneous server environment
• Familiarity with development in a linux environment
• Excellent working knowledge of programming in C,
• Experience working with hardware systems in various states of design, development and reliability is highly desired.
Experience with mechanical and optical system calibration and diagnostic development is a plus
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.