Do you thrive on solving the most complex software development problems? Do you follow industry trends in cloud computing and love working with the latest technologies in open source?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team at Microsoft is looking for someone like you, who is passionate about working on solving deep technical challenges in cool cloud-based projects.
In this highly technical role, you will collaborate closely with Microsoft engineering teams, fellow software engineers and evangelists worldwide, and the open source community at large. You will lead partners and enterprises of all sizes to understand how to take advantage of the latest and innovative features of the Azure Cloud as it pertains to open source tools and the application of DevOps practices.
Your key responsibilities include the following:
1. Develop first-class software
2. Actively participate in internal and external communities
3. Present at events of all sizes from local gatherings to large industry events
4. Learn new things every day
To be successful you must have firsthand experience with open source tools and operating systems as well as fundamental knowledge about networking infrastructure and cloud computing. You should also have demonstrated successful implementations of DevOps practices. Overall responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer in the CSE technical team:
• Develop publicly available solution on Linux platforms in Azure on premises and in the cloud
• Become a subject matter expert for select Microsoft Azure technologies and services
• Drive strategic adoption for Microsoft Azure from datacenter to cloud through impactful software development projects
• Work with developers in Microsoft subsidiaries worldwide to successfully solve deep technical challenges with partners and customers
• Drive structured feedback to the product teams to help improve products
• Build and nurture durable relationships with key technical leaders inside Microsoft and the community
Some of the strongly desired skills for this role include:
• Deep technical developer knowledge of application and/or OS level development, on Linux and/or Windows platforms using DevOps practices
• Infectious enthusiasm for new technologies
• Great understanding of cloud computing technologies and trends
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Sound knowledge of technology trend and industry participants
• Willingness to learn and teach in a diverse team environment
• Experienced in solving complex software challenges
If much or all of the above resonates with you, don’t hesitate, apply today.
This position is more than a job. You will be able to make your passion your work. The importance and strategic nature of the role and the technologies will enable you to fully explore your potential and grow in your career and in your core passions
- 5+ years of experience as software developer
- BS/BA degree in Management/Computer Information Systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.