Microsoft Xbox is looking for a passionate data engineer who is excited to use the latest big data technologies to drive our gaming experience. You will work on our data infrastructure, which is used by the Executive, Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Customer teams every day-- your work will impact decisions made throughout the whole organization. You will contribute to a variety of projects that range from designing a robust and fully automated Spark job scheduler to building data models our data scientists will use to monitor the health of Xbox customer experiences. We know ground breaking analytics technologies are emerging every day and we?re excited about the impact they will have - we hope you share our enthusiasm! Responsibilities Translate business and product requirements into a data management strategy Architect and build tools and services to support data analysis Build efficient, extensible data models from a variety of sources Ensure data systems are sustainable and scalable throughout their lifecycle Work closely with backend engineers and data scientists to roll out new tools and features Implement common processes, and policies to ensure the integrity of our data Ensure our data is being handled and stored in an efficient manner
• 5+ years of software development experience with C# / C++ / Java
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years querying and analyzing data, preferable Scala, SQL, Python, Scope Requirements
• Experience with data architecture, data governance, data quality, and data modeling
• Experience with big data technologies, such as Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Cosmos
• Experience in designing, building, deploying, and maintaining complex end-to-end data pipelines
• Experience providing functional, technical, and onboarding documentation for your work
• Deep understanding of the HDInsight ecosystem and experience managing operations at scale
• Experience with Microsoft cloud technologies, such as Azure Data Factory, Blob Storage
• Experience providing data to Power BI reports
• Passion for games and the gaming community
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.