Organization Summary: To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Position Description: We are seeking exceptional talent multi-skilled in SAP, DBMS, Linux, and HANA technologies. The candidate will have good experience in SAP Basis architecture, Azure Infrastructure as a Service, HANA and hardware infrastructure. This position is based at the Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, WA. The candidate is expected to be a global resource working with customers and operation partners, physically and virtually, throughout the world.
In this role, you will be a Service Engineer managing a premium Azure Service that is tailored towards SAP HANA. You will be working with customers, Microsoft development, operations partners, and supply chain partners in order to manage and build out a HANA service that allows our customers to run large SAP HANA based applications on Azure. You will be in regular contact with the Microsoft field as well as large SIs to manage onboarding of customers to that service. You will also directly contribute to the development and improvement of the tools used to onboard and enable customer self-service. This role requires deep engagement with individuals and teams spanning a broad range of skillsets - ranging from highly focused/niche SAP or Microsoft developers, customer administrators, partner consultants and operators, Microsoft support teams, Senior Microsoft Executives, and senior leadership within Fortune 500 companies
• Manage an Azure HANA tailored Service that is operated on its own hardware stack.
• Drive resolution for SAP HANA infrastructure issues including Linux (SUSE and Red Hat) OS level problems, and develop software based solutions to the SAP HANA and storage infrastructure.
• Contribute to capacity planning.
• Planning, overseeing, and verifying deployments of HANA tailored Service across the globe.
• Fine tune processes that are in place for operations and customer onboarding and create new processes and tools where needed.
• Work with Microsoft support and the operator of the of the HANA tailored Service’s underlying hardware infrastructure to meet customer SLAs.
• Work with the operator of the HANA tailored Service’s infrastructure and hardware vendors to develop new offers of the Service that might be triggered by demand and/or changes in hardware technology.
• Work with different teams in Azure development to integrate the service and its metric into standard Azure operations, monitoring and support tools.
• Automate and maintain onboarding and integration solutions that are available to customers.
• Build monitors for SAP HANA services and infrastructure components.
• BS in Computer Science or 4 years of experience with SAP
• 2 years of experience as SAP Architect with a mix of architecture and technical lead roles
• 4 years of experience in running a SAP centric service
• Scripting knowledge (example: Python, Go, and/or PowerShell)
• MBA is a plus
• Strong record of accomplishment in delivering and deploying reliable, available, and scalable SAP architectures to customers.
• Proven architect skills in the space of SAP space.
• Strong Linux administrative level knowledge.
• Experience in developing asynchronous and multithreaded programs.
• HANA knowledge.
• Experience in managing and operations of a service.
• Hardware infrastructure knowledge in areas of compute, network, and storage.
• Ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their architecture and map those into Azure IaaS and HANA tailored Service.
• Ability to communicate complex topics effectively to different audiences such as SAP Basis administrators, Network administrators, and senior leadership or customers.
• Architect/design SAP solutions on Azure IaaS and HANA tailored Service that are scalable, and highly available.
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.