Sr. Software Engineer
Organization Summary: To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider. Position Description: Microsoft Azure provides cloud services to millions of customers around the globe 24x7. We strive to provide uninterrupted service at global scale deployment to tens of thousands of systems, monitoring billions of events, and supporting hundreds of services.
Are you excited about cloud computing? Are you motivated to find ways to improve systems and processes? Do you want to work on a team of people who share that passion? Do you want to lead by example, grow a team, and mentor talented engineers? To assist Microsoft Azure in its rapid expansion, we are building a community to create the next generation real-time infrastructure, engineering systems, and production reliability. The scale of this challenge is enormous.
What’s an embedded SRE team? We work directly with Azure service development teams to drive focus on service reliability. As an SRE in the organization you will apply your experience with distributed systems and software engineering to improving service health. You will work in an innovative team to define and evangelize cloud-first optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance, reduce operational toil, and increase deployment velocity.
• Developers on our team wear many hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
Our organization is looking for you:
• Passionate about distributed systems and working with high scale services.
• Likes to work in an agile development team that iterates rapidly.
• Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
• Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment process
• 7+ Years engineering and development experience.
• BS in Computer Science or 4 years of equivalent IT work experience.
• 3+ years of experience implementing and/or operating large scale software services, components, or feature areas.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms.
• Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams.
• Demonstrated proficiency in coding, code reviews, and technical communication.
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence. AZSRE #PIEJOBS
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.