Sr. Software Engineer
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who is passionate about helping modernize the experiences and solutions used by Microsoft employees, their partners, and our customers.
Help connect employees to the information and people that they need. Enable publishers and communities to effectively share content, helping protect and manage that information while aligning with enterprise requirements.
• Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
• Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
• System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
• Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
• Improve test coverage for services, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
• Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered.
• Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
• Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
• Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
• Build systems that are secure adhering to privacy standards.
• Partner with, and influence MSFT organizations to build/deliver joint solutions increasing stakeholder’s productivity.
• Define, Design and deliver Enterprise-Quality Software & Services.
• Partner with engineering teams to determine opportunities, drive backlog prioritization of those services.
• Drive innovation (Experiments and POCs) to enable users accelerate business outcomes.
• Mentor junior engineers while driving enterprise engineering best practices.
• Familiarity with CI/CD, driving Operation-Excellence in a DevOps world.
• Engage directly with senior management and leadership in other internal groups across Microsoft to drive alignment, accountability, deliverables and results.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• Testing mindset, before beginning code development
• Translate problem solving techniques into code
• Understanding of data structure and data storage solutions
• Ability to work in cross functional teams, strong interpersonal skills and Independent leadership skills
• Experience with enterprise software design and development.
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Working understanding operating in an Agile team
• Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
• Relevant experience in design
• Experience working with Cloud, preferably Azure.
• Familiarity with Federated Identity ADFS, AAD, OAuth is preferred.
• Data: Experience with SQL, Big-Data [Hadoop], Cosmos, BI/Analytics. Experience with Power-BI] is a plus.
• Experience in developing SharePoint applications is a plus.
• 10+ years development and design working on high availability systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.