Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
POSITION SUMMARY - Sr Software Engineer
The VDP VOL development team is responsible for providing capabilities that enable secure, reliable connectivity between and among applications, services, data, and gateways so that market-facing products and services can be delivered to clients and consumers globally.
The Sr Software Engineer will operate as an individual contributor as part of the Visa Online Identity Management System and File Exchange Service development team. This position is opened at Visa's Austin, TX location.
- Responsible for the application development deliverables that include design, coding, unit and functional testing
- Work with technical product managers and business users to define and clarify requirements/stories/features; create solution approach based on business requirement. Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions
- Agile application development utilizing various open source tools for continuous integration and delivery
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and application functionalities
- Interface closely with project/product team members such as Analysts, Developers, Technical Product Managers, QA Engineers, Product Owners, Network & Security Engineers, Operations Personnel, System Engineers, etc.
- Coordinate, participate and manage development activities, including but not limited to system design, development integration testing, database modelling, software configuration, source codes control, defects resolution, implementation planning, and deployment change management support
- Ensure development work adheres to Visa Development Management Methodology (DMM), Visa's Technical Security Requirements (TSR) and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Work with various project team members to ensure technology are business driven and meet business requirement
- Create software and procedure documentation required as part of the software development artifacts
- Provide level 3 development support for production issues and service requests
- Build and maintain working relationship with many global development teams and engineers
- Experience in software design and application development of a large scale system
- Experience with software development utilizing Java, J2EE, Hibernate and Spring. Knowledge in data modeling and SQL programming is required
- Working experience with following OS, middleware and database systems - JBoss Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Redhat Linux, IBM DB2, LDAP, MS Windows, MS SQL Server
- Experience with following open source development tools : Eclipse, Apache CXF, Atomikos, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, ArtifactoryPro, Git/Bitbucket, JUnit, Findbugs, Jacoco, Selenium, Fortify
- Some working experience with web services standards and related technologies. E.g. WSDL, XSD, XML, XSLT, CXF, REST and SOAP
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development, design and production issues
- Ability to understand application system topology at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization and be effective in achieving task assigned
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.