Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This job offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute in the design, development and life cycle management of Baxter's home dialysis systems.
This person will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing home dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid "hands-on" technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of application and embedded software. Including SW requirements development, architecture development, code development and optimization, unit and integration testing, SW risk and reliability analysis, root cause analysis.
- Ensures successful integration of software with electromechanical and consumable components. Contributes to troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to software aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents.
- Performs in-depth software analysis and root cause investigations.
- Defines protocols and conduct the necessary testing required to verify the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
- Coordinate software test activities with other engineering disciplines, including external development partners.
A BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with an advanced technical degree desired. Experience should include at least 3 years of relevant technical experience. Prior experience in kidney dialysis a plus.
- A demonstrated track record in application and embedded software development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated products such as military or automotive hardware.
- Experience with regulated software engineering disciplines (software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools).
- A solid technical understanding of the principles of software engineering (SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
- Experience with C, C , C#, Python in Linux and Windows development environments.
- GUI development experience.
- Automated test SW development experience.
- Experience with real time operating systems and development.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.