What you will do:
The Senior Software Engineer will leverage their experience in the design, coding and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance and modify Shoppertrak software systems. This individual demonstrates a thorough understanding of software methodologies and latest development environments. In addition, this individual will provide leadership to a group of developers and quality assurance engineers on an Agile team.
Building an IoT solution in big data, the architecture is built around technology principles of being highly-available, high-performing, scalable, and highly secure. Data is transferred in real-time between the IoT devices and back-end system through data streams, message buses, and REST APIs. How you will do it:
- Design and develop scalable microservices using Spring Boot platform to enhance current and new products.
- Understand the business needs and convert these to software design.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches.
- Develop and implement sound software development practices.
- Set coding standards and procedures.
- Provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in functional, technical, and code reviews.
- Provide 24X7 support when required.
- Work in an Agile environment
What we look for: EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
BS in Computer Science or related field. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
Must be knowledgeable in:
- Unix (Solaris, Linux, Etc.)
Would like to be knowledgeable in:
- Cloud Platforms (AWS EC2)
- NoSQL / SQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- CSS / HTML / JQuery
#external What we look for:
Minimum 5 years application development (or equivalent) experience. SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Ability to be a team player
Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, with minimal reaching, bending, and stooping. Normal open office environment with long hours in front of the computer. OTHER NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS:
Occasional evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel for activities such as the annual meeting is required.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.