Digital Predix Products & Technology
GE Digital connects streams of machine data to powerful analytics, providing Industrial companies with valuable insights to manage assets and operations more efficiently. World-class talent and software capabilities driving big gains in productivity, availability and longevity. For more information, visit the website at www.ge.com/digital.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Software Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The GE Predix Platform Team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to work on different aspects and features of the Predix Developer portal and integrated systems. The work involved here will have significant impact on how the Industrial Internet developers across the world get educated about our cloud based platform and leverage it to build their robust Industrial Internet applications.
You will be responsible for developing and enhancing different features for the Predix Developer portal. We are looking for smart, enthusiastic and friendly engineers who can work collaboratively with the team over design and development of different customer facing features on the website.
In this role, you will:
* Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
* Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
* Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
* Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
* Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
* Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
* Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
* Coach, mentor and lead the team
* Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
* Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
* Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across SSG leadership team and with PLLs
* Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
* Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
* Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
* Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in developing web applications OR Master's degree with 3 years of experience in developing web applications.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the
future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
* Committed to TDD methodology and XP programming techniques
* Hands On Experience with developing web applications (Java, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security).
* Hands On experience with developing RESTful Java WebServices/MicroServices (Spring Boot) using Oracle MySQL and PostgreSQL.
* Experience with modern tooling (Git, GitHub, Maven).
* Knowledge or experience of running applications in a cloud based platform like Cloud Foundry is a big plus.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
* Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
* Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
* Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.