GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Aviation produces analysis software for the global aviation community. We build software used by large and small airlines to make things safer and more efficient. If you've flown on an airplane in the last decade, the pilots have almost certainly seen reports that came from our software, and they operate better because of it.
Our group is comprised of software engineers, aviation/math specialists, QA, and sales/management. We have offices in Austin, TX and Portland, OR, and we are looking for software engineers who love to write beautiful code. For desktop apps and services we use a mixture of C++ and C#, with a strong preference for the latter. For web-based technologies we use modern web frameworks targeting Cloud Foundry and GE's Predix platform. We also use Powershell for scripting, automation, and whatever else comes up. For data storage we use a variety of technologies including Microsoft SQL Server.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Software Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Full-stack developer helping to evolve enterprise analytics software for the Aviation industry. Products help both GE Aviation and airlines, and are aimed at making operations safer and more efficient. We are a fun team that works on leading edge platform developments in the exciting new world of the Aviation Industrial Internet. Join us in creating the future!
* Design, implement, and maintain software on the Microsoft and Cloud Foundry platforms
* Work with aviation engineers and customers to determine product requirements and functionality
* Participate actively in design and code reviews
* Perform unit testing and work with QA department for interactive and automated testing
* Drive performance and reliability enhancements
* Participate in customer support and troubleshooting
* Participate in product planning
* Provide technical mentoring of entry-level programmers
* Note: this job role does not include managerial or supervisory duties
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT or engineering experience)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with programming in a variety of languages
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor
individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Web development experience (client- or server-side)
* Experience with SQL server (or other relational databases)
* Experience with scripting using Powershell or some other scripting language
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
* Experience in leading technical discussions
* Familiarity with non-C-family languages (e.g. Lisp) is a plus
* Interest in hobby/personal programming projects
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.