Do you want be part of a small, high-performance team that is spearheading the mission to relentlessly protect Norton users from the bad guys?
Join the next phase of the journey of an exciting new product that is extending Norton Security to all connected devices in the consumer homes, around the globe. We are on a mission to protect every thing connected. As the world goes from connected computers to mobile to anything & everything connected, there is no challenge bigger than securing those devices and securing the device owner's privacy and security.
Come and be part of a team that is empowered for ownership. A team that functions with complete autonomy to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to some of the most complex problems in the networking, security & IoT space.
We are looking for sharp, passionate & experienced Embedded Applications engineers with solid technical skills. These engineers will work with a team of world-class security experts to secure the connected consumer homes. Must-have:
Nice to have skills:
- Solid understanding of the various cloud hosting services and extensive knowledge of the services offered by AWS
- Expert knowledge of building and scaling fault tolerant Microservices
- Excellent Java and object-oriented development skills
- Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed REST-based services
- Expert knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Deep understanding of mobile and web technology stacks - Swagger API specifications, Restful API
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design, and design patterns
- Expert understanding of data modeling, database design, performance monitoring and tuning
- Extensive experience working with Cloud based data stores like S3, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Expert understanding of building event driven asynchronous data processing
- Experience writing modular, reusable platform independent components
- Fast learner, solid problem solver with great testing and debugging skills
- A good understanding of Open Source Software around ingesting, indexing and sorting large amounts of data (e.g. Kinesis, Lucene, Solr, Hadoop, Hive, etc.) will be considered a huge plus
- Ability & interest in reading & contributing to an RFC
- Ability to understand new networking protocols
- Contributing to and managing open source projects
- Building distributed systems containing Event Bus, manage sync with Cloud-based backend systems
- Diagnose, and troubleshoot complex distributed problems that span multiple layers of the application across data centers
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of Training & Experience with 5+ years of related work experience.
- Strong data structure and algorithm fundamentals.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Experience with Agile principles and practices such as Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
- Get it done mindset
- Attention to detail
- Appreciate and enforce code hygiene and overall great quality
- Willingness to learn (and unlearn)
- Accept new challenges and be a positive influence on the team
- Infectious energy
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.