Sr. Software Engineer - DevOps
Posted: November 16, 2016
Reference ID: 160018XH
Oracle Data Cloud: Powering connections to customers.
The Oracle Data Cloud enables companies to use data to inform and measure business decisions. We do it by providing Data as a Service, or DaaS, to help create connections to customers across channels and devices. The Oracle Data Cloud was created in 2014 through the acquisition of BlueKai and was expanded in 2015 through the acquisition of Datalogix and later the acquisitions of AddThis and Crosswise. These brands live on as products within the Oracle Data Cloud.
Join Oracle Data Cloud and be part of the team creating innovative and groundbreaking data-driven solutions for Marketing, Sales and Customer Intelligence.
As Sr. Software Engineer , you'll be using your software development expertise and database know-how on the data we ingest and process from hundreds of different companies, and the solutions you develop will revolutionize the way products and services are sold. We rely on all of our Software Engineers to develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, but your real success with Oracle will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination. Our engineers are grouped into teams that each focus on a specific business line. We are "truly" agile which means daily stand-ups and two-week iterations. Engineers that like to share and mentor thrive here, for Oracle offers ample opportunities to move between teams and work on varying business domains and technology challenges.
Specific responsibilities include:
• All development and production processing is done in the cloud. If you are not a cloud computing expert already, you will become one. We use Amazon AWS and the Oracle Cloud.
• Implement real-time streaming data pipelines on large volumes of data using Kafka and Spark.
• Implement workflow based solutions
• Work on highly distributed scalable systems using auto scaling groups and Mesos
• Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements.
• Interact with the Oracle business and operations teams and facilitate working through technical implementation and customer service issues.
• Solve big data challenges. We work at multi-petabyte scale as we ingest data from hundreds of companies.
• Develop service-based, server-side solutions in Java.
• Work with our analytics teams to develop predictive modeling and data mining algorithms on petabytes of data using distributed computing.
• Develop in a variety of database technologies; Hadoop, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Development experience in a JVM language is required
• Other experience we look for includes: Python, Linux, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Big Data, Scala
• Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
This is a world-class, career-building opportunity:
• Work in an environment with colleagues who are as smart and driven as they are collaborative and fun
• Seize the opportunity to have a direct impact on the development of constantly evolving, game-changing products and services
• Strategize with well-known thought leaders making a real impact in this ever-evolving industry
• Stay on top of your game with professional development opportunities
What Oracle Data Cloud is best known for:
• Industry-leading products and service solutions
• Unique positioning in the advertising & marketing ecosystem
• Longstanding relationships with high-profile advertisers and the biggest
players in the digital-media advertising world
• A visionary organization with an unmatched drive for excellence
A fast-paced, exciting culture giving employees the opportunity to work
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.