Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
Capital One is currently seeking an experienced DevOps Software Engineer to help enhance automated test coverage for mainframe & distributed applications (ATDD, functional, regression, end to end testing). This candidate will also train Engineers on test automation, execution and troubleshooting. Within this role you will work with the IT Development and other IT team members to refine and clarify requirements for development process automation. You will also work to improve software development and deployment guidelines and tools relating to the following areas of software devops: source management and branching, build, deploy and unit/acceptance/performance testing.
• Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies
• Proficiency in development, test automation, release management and infrastructure
• Technical problem solving skills
• Supports development of process automation initiatives and projects
• Effectively communicate guideline and tool usage to IT Development and other IT team members
• Participate in planning discussions with development and other IT teams.
• Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that our assets are effectively and efficiently utilized
• Execute Proof of Concepts on behalf of configuration management, CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment) practice, assessing new products and methods, developing and implementing appropriate practices across multiple development environments
• Continuously evaluate and recommend improvement to CI/CD processes
• Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality
-Experience with one of more of the following: Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, GitHub, AnthillPro, uBuild, ANT, NANT
- Bachelor Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of AWS experience using EC2 or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Formation or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Watch
- At least 3 years of experience with CHEF or at least 3 years of experience Docker, or at least 3 years of experience Puppet
- At least 4 years of experience with Continuous Integration tool sets.
- At least 3 years of experience with uDeploy
• At least 5 years of experience designing and developing automated application builds and deployments.
• At least 5 years of experience with Linux/UNIX or at least 2 years of experience with Apache Tomcat
• At least 5 years of experience with the automated build and deployment management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.