Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced DevOps Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. As part of the Application Platform team that’s leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One’s eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion the Platform DevOps agenda by living and breathing Infrastructure Automation. You will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end Platform application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is passionate about open-source and Infrastructure Automation!
- Automate CICD pipeline using tools such as Jenkins and GitHub
- Experience using Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline, Sonar, and SauceLab integration.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using frameworks such as AWS cloud formations, Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components and applications.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
-Create applications / APIs for new work flows and the enhancement of existing to automate internal processes.
-Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
-Pilot new open-source tools for automation and self-service features/portal
-Self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams.
-Bachelor’s Degree, or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- At least 3 years of experience administering software delivery tools
- At least 2 year experience with scripting languages
- At least 1 year of experience working with Cloud automation
-At least 3 years of experience with Infrastructure design
-At least 1 years of experience with Amazon Web Services
-At least 3 years of experience with Python
-At least 3 years of experience with Configuration Management frameworks
-3+ years’ experience with programming languages
-3+ years' experience with Configuration Management frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.