GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Software Engineer - Front End
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be responsible for designing and programming a large-scale application on core GET IT products and services in order to drive customer adoption. You will be a member of an integrated pod working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform for GE Transportation.
* Capture detailed user stories by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Businesses & Product Managers
* Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
* Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development life-cycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle
* Support and embrace a DevOps culture. Be capable and willing to build brand new application functionality whilst supporting a [soon-to-be] live production application.
* Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
* Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
* Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
* Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
* Seek and provide feedback on design and development
* Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
* Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them
* Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
* Partner and work closely with the back end development team for seamless integration
* Partner with the functional team to build wireframes and designs, and translate those designs into code
* Influence through others; build direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
* Share knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility and goodwill
* Be a part of a strong, growing development team all with the same goal to build a robust, yet maintainable application
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR the completion of a code development pair-programming, bootcamp-style, or accelerated training curriculum focused on contemporary software development OR High School Diploma / GED with a 4 year minimum of IT experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in the IT software industry and/or front-end, web application development
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with Predix and Cloud Foundry
* Strong Experience with Play framework, Angular, polymer, or similar
* Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
* Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS.
* Experience working with front-end testing tools such as Mocha, Jasmine and PhantomJS
* Experience with NodeJs Development
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
* Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
* Version control (git) and Linux command line experience
* Knowledge of web application frameworks and page rendering
* Experience working in a global environment, where team members are working in various time zones and different locations
* Strong technical knowledge and acumen on multiple technology stacks. Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Strong knowledge and understanding of application configurations, setups, and integration
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, vendors, and subject matter experts
* Experience with writing unit tests
* Knowledge of common UI testing frameworks (eg. Jasmine, JSCoverage)
* Understanding of and appreciation of UX principles and best practices
* Knowledge of common browser developer tools and performance tuning techniques
* Experience with responsive web design
* Knowledge of Federated security architecture, flows, and standards (SAML, OpenID_Connect, and JSON_Web-Token (JWT))
* Knowledge of CI (Continuous Integration) techniques for UI (i.e. Bower, Grunt)
* Experience with Agile (Scrum) and test driven development and version control (SVN, git, etc.)
* Keen focus toward consistency and attention to detail primarily related toward coding standards
* Possesses an operational mindset to build a platform that is easy to run and scale to the broad breadth of GE
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoints
* Strong problem solving skills
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.