Senior Software Engineer - General Location Signals SDK at Microsoft
In the MDL team at Microsoft, we work in small, independent, cross-functional Scrum teams to craft innovative software solutions for our customer's needs. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about human-centered design, finding simple solutions to complex problems and excel at solving real issues for real people. Over 2 million users trust MileIQ, the top grossing finance app in both app stores, to automatically log their mileage for their largest deductions and reimbursements ever. Join us in reinventing the future of productivity.
Our engineering team is fast-paced and agile with weekly production pushes. We are a community of talented engineers who are passionate about building highly scalable, data intensive, solutions on an open source software stack. We make architecture decisions collaboratively and iterate quickly. We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world?s most recognizable software brand names - Microsoft.
- Develop and improve algorithms to efficiently provide ambient location signals from our mobile apps to enable intelligent location-based functionality in Office 365 products at Microsoft
- Build a validation test suite to ensure the quality of the algorithms is constantly improving
- Work with other product teams in Office 365 to help define innovative location-based functionality
- Optimize and measure performance, robustness, and scalability of our system for millions of location events per day
- Scale our platform and products to add millions of new users while simultaneously meeting some the strictest SLAs around.
- Extensive experience building large scale systems
- Ability to independently solve complex problems
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborates well in a team environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with SQL-style databases, managing connection-pools, performance tuning and optimizations.
- Experience with public cloud services such as Azure cloud
- Experience with Office cloud and Bing and Cortana services
- Experience working with compliant systems and standards such as GDPR and SOC Type 2
- Experience in containers and/or orchestration/life-cycle systems like Docker Swarm, Mesos/Marathon or Kubernetes
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.