Sr. Software Engineer, Java
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
We have various openings that require a broad range of technical skills and experience. Our recruiting process will match you to the right role and level.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Hibernate or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience building APIs using Java
- At least 2 years of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- At least 1 year of experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Ansible, Docker, and Mesos
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in object-oriented programming in Java
- 4+ years experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, RESTFUL APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON
- 2+ years experience in Build and CICD technologies
- 2+ years experience in Agile practices
- 1+ year experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.