Sr. Software Engineer, Java
Occasionally in your career, an opportunity comes to accomplish something truly unique and spectacular. For about a decade, Capital One credit card has been building best-in-class open-standards based middleware to support our business. We recently made a bold strategic decision to become a trailblazer in both the financial industry, the enterprise technology industry as a whole by declaring that we will re-invent our enterprise using best-in-class open source technology operating in the public cloud.
To realize this vision, we are looking for forward-thinking and passionate engineers who will be responsible for building or migrating several hundred critical business system components to an open-source stack, provisioning on the cloud, and defining and implementing best-in-class scalable and repeatable devops processes.
An ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a highly collaborative and creative technology environment, and should be fluent in or prepared to quickly master the following skills: Amazon Web Services Provisioning, API/Service development with Java with Spring, automation with Teraform and Ansible, Devops Pipelines with tools like Jenkins, process automation, automated testing, performance testing and analysis, capacity management, cloud networking and security, application performance management, monitoring, self-healing systems design, and the like.
Are you up for one of the largest-scale cloud-based application development and implementation activities ever attempted by a financial institution? If so, we may be your next great opportunity.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Use engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Java Application Development experience
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java
- 5+ years of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- 5+ years of test architecture experience
- 5+ years’ experience performance tuning and monitoring tools
- Design Business Knowledge
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.