Sr Software Engineer, Java ,Swing
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Sr. Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers.
- Driving project/service development and delivery.
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design.
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development.
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to Vendor’s technical design and code delivery.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in software development
- At least 3 years’ experience in developing server and client side applications, REST services using Java
- 3 years' experience as lead developing technology projects.
- 2 years' experience with Spring framework
- Sun Certified Java Programmer OR Sun Certified Java Developer OR Spring framework certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.