The Commerce Team is responsible for LinkedIn's monetization platform. We own the systems for Order Processing, Payments, and Revenue Events. The platform supports all three major businesses of LinkedIn, Marketing Solutions, Talent Solutions, and Premium Subscriptions.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Commerce team you would be leading large impactful projects, and working across teams to execute monetization initiatives. Beyond Commerce you may be called upon to help on our most pressing and complex initiatives, working with the best engineers from different teams on horizontal initiatives. 'll be working at all levels of the stack, from the data layer (Oracle, MySQL, Voldemort and other noSQL databases, Hadoop, Memcached), to the distributed service layer (REST, RPC), all the way to the front-end presentation tier (Node. , Play framework).
- Develop and deliver multi-tier scalable and reliable applications that operate 24x7
- Prototype and iterate designs in collaboration with other team members, designers and product managers
- Provide recommendations to team and partners on best practices, architecture design, methodologies, etc.
- Hands on responsibility for deploying, troubleshooting, and assuring quality of code base.
- Passionate about product design and end-user interaction (UX) and user experience (UI)
- Drive daily scrum and sprint planning meetings
- Mentor junior engineers and/or lead a team of 3-5 engineers
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 3+ years of related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- 5+ years of related practical engineering experience.
- Relevant experience in billing and/or payment processing
- 5+ years of backend server side programming experience (PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, etc)
- 5+ years of database and integration experience, i. . RESTful API, SQL etc.
- Experience with building scalable data integration applications is a huge plus.
- Experience with NoSQL DB, e. . MongoDB, Espresso is a plus.
- Experience leading teams is a plus.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.