Microsoft Core Services Engineering (CSE) is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. CSE provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other IT organizations, CSE employees make global impact on thousands of customers and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
We are looking for individuals that want to change the IT landscape at Microsoft. Come work for Microsoft CSE’s Core Platform Engineering team (EAS) and help shape the future of ERP at Microsoft. Enterprise Application Services (EAS) is accountable for Microsoft’s ERP utilizing SAP. Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop solutions focusing on security and compliance within Microsoft’s ERP environment including SAP.
The Senior Software Engineer is accountable for supporting the EAS ERP strategy via their contributions within a project team and is accountable for the delivery of high quality enterprise level solutions in support of the EAS Mission. This position will represent the Security Development discipline during a project and will have oversight of the project’s Security resources in support of ERP solution development. In addition, this role will be accountable for following (and enforcing) Microsoft policies and procedures, including: Security Development Life Cycle (SDLC), SOX, Privacy and Access Control.
The Senior Software Engineer is a critical part of the ERP delivery function and will need to have a very solid understanding of SAP solutions and technology.
• Actively drive Security design and architecture in SAP to ensure data is protected from unauthorized access.
• Develop, monitor and enforce security design in accordance with Microsoft policies and standards.
• Stay current on industry best practices and the latest technologies relevant to Microsoft’s environment and roadmap.
• Continuously update the teams and partners on security requirements and provide security recommendations on security integration points in SAP.
• Proactively monitoring for new and changing SAP security threats and implement remediation plans when necessary.
• Drive and ensure project development teams incorporate and document security and compliance requirements consistent with Microsoft’s methodology.
• Documenting SAP Security design and administration procedures with an understanding of Microsoft’s Regulatory requirements and maintain guidelines/documentation for completeness and consistency.
• Successfully drive and oversee project team in the completion of development phases and projects in conformance to project goals, requirements, and schedule in collaboration with other partner teams.
• Accurately estimate work/time required to complete SAP security related tasks Create project plans for security phases/deliverables.
• Manage the annual security and privacy program by creation of new security guidelines and procedures for SAP and its integrated systems.
• Manage the SAP GRC Access Control tools.
• Responsible for resolving escalated security issues.
• Provide thought leadership to team members and management.
• Strong leadership and team coordination skills, with ability to lead security projects from end to end.
• Strong cross group collaboration abilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment.
• Solid risk-based problem solving, problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision making skills.
• 5+ years of experience in SAP Security including ECC, HR, BW, GTS, MDG and APO with a deep understanding of the SAP’s authorization concepts.
• 2+ years of experience in SAP GRC 10.0 or higher or experience in implementing ARA and ARQ.
• 2+ Experience with BRF+ and MSMP.
• ARIBA, IBP, Concur and SuccessFactors experience is a plus.
• 2+ years of experience in managing security based on regulatory requirements such as SOX, PCI, international access security restrictions and requirements.
• 3+ years of experience in managing role Segregation of Duties (SOD) with an understanding of business processes and applicable mitigating controls.
• 2+ Years of experience in designing ARA or equivalent rule set’s.
• Understanding of servers, networking, security, monitoring (Solution Manager, etc.).
• A strong understanding of software development lifecycle methodology, and information systems development, and support.
• Understanding of one or more business process in the FI, Commerce, HR or SCM areas is a plus
• Attention to detail
• Basic understanding of SAP’s ABAP language
• Experience in audit related projects and working as a liaison between the business operations and auditors.
• Adept at prioritizing and work in a fast-paced organization
• An B.S. degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of local/international security/privacy laws and its impacts on security architecture.
• Experience leading teams within a global delivery model.
• One or more of the following certifications- SAP Security, GRC, CISSP or CISA
• Experience with ERP solutions: SAP, Dynamics AX, etc.
• Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as:
Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
If you have the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in this role, please consider this opportunity.
Microsoft IT is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Microsoft IT provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other IT organizations, Microsoft IT employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.