Our client is an innovative company that provides enterprise software, services and solutions for the hospitality industry in North America, Europe and Asia. Products include point-of-sales, property management, inventory and procurement, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency, and enhance the guest experience. We serve casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, and cruise lines.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team responsible for delivering of our flagship Point of Sale product, which is sold to our customers both as service (SaaS) as well as on-premise software. This position will be part of a cross-functional team located in our Santa Barbara, CA office creating new feature functionality and evolving this industry-leading Microsoft stack product towards our new corporate web-services-based platform technology incorporating Java / Linux. This individual will be part of the team transforming our POS products to be part of our next generation rGuest platform.
The ideal candidate has a great attitude and is team oriented but also able to work well independently on one or more projects. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated with a strong desire to improve their knowledge/skills, is passionate about delivering great products for our customers, thrives in an agile development environment, and emphasizes quality code in our products. We are looking for someone with solid coding skills who understands how specification, design, coding, documentation and quality assurance pieces fit together to create a great product.
* Participate in and own delivery of high quality customer-facing software.
* Own and work with technical lead to review component level designs for assigned areas.
* Collaborate with Program Management on product features and requirements.
* Ensure Agile software engineering best practices are utilized and continuously enhanced.
* Ensure appropriate unit test coverage for product source.
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience in commercial software development disciplines.
* Key technologies: Microsoft stack (.NET, C#, SQL), UNIX, Java, MongoDB
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent area of study from an accredited university
* Exhibit a strong passion for software development and customer delivery
* Have worked in an agile environment, preferably SCRUM
* Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills.
* 3+ years of experience with object oriented programming - C++, C#, Java.
* 3+ years database experience, ideally SQL, MongoDB
* 3+ years of commercial enterprise software development, design and architecture.
* 1+ years of delivering software as a service.
* Proven track record of successfully shipping multiple commercial software products and services to market.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Experience with customer and scenario focused engineering.
* Experience shipping software in globalized and localized environments.
* Be available to travel 10% a year
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.