Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Sales, Marketing, & Supply Chain Engineering team is responsible for the systems that support Microsoft’s global sales force. We have started a V1 project that will leverage Microsoft technologies to revolutionize the sales experience and increase productivity using AI, ML and bots. As the lead of this team, you will play a key role in the overall design, exploring a wide range of technologies as you work closely with our partners in the business, and in teams such as Dynamics and AI & R.
We are looking for a self-driven Senior Software Engineer Lead who has passion for new technologies, cloud computing, and ML/AI technologies. Now is your chance to be part of this technically strong team that is on the forefront of these cutting edge efforts. This position will provide an excellent opportunity to help define a modern AI based approach to solving Core Services Engineering business problems.
• Drive technical decisions and contribute to the direction for the different line of business applications and services
• Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry
• Plan, schedule and deliver frequent quality software releases in the cloud
• In collaboration with others apply engineering principles to solve complex problems while leveraging sound engineering practices
• Write clean well thought out code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability, while also mentoring others to do the same
• Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuously improving
• Work with multiple partner teams to implement cohesive end-to-end experiences
• Lead and recruit a team of talented developers
• 10+ years of software engineering experience
• 4+ years of management and leadership experience
• Excellent data driven approach to software engineering, design, coding, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with a solid understanding of testing practices
• Ability to drive technical decisions across teams and partners
• Experience with R and/or Python programming is a plus
• Proven ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast paced environment
• Experienced agile practitioner
• Experience with DevOps model including Continuous Delivery, TDD, and Testing in Production
• Passion for growing people in their career
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related discipline
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.