Software Engineer in Test -
Oracle's ATG Web Commerce is the industry's top-ranked commerce solution that powers the world's best brands, and delivers a consistent, personalized cross-channel customer experience. Join us as we make our commerce offering available as part of the Oracle cloud.
As a Software Engineer in Test joining our commerce cloud team you will be working on accelerating our product delivery and helping build quality into our products from the moment a feature is conceived. You will get to influence features design and implementation; you will help design and build a system for validating it functionality automatically. Lastly, you will be joining an engineering team that is working on challenging technical issues that support our oracle commerce cloud offering.
* Build automated test to exercise different aspects of our mutli-layer enterprise e-commerce platform and cloud applications
* Participate in designing and implementing enhancements to our test running framework
* Work with development and functional testers to automate testing
* Conduct research on new automation tools and approaches
* Analyze and decompose complex technical specifications to design and implement an automated testing approach
* Analyze complex production environment issues and design automated tests for future validation,
* Setup and configure real world production-like environments to validate software integration points,
* Analyze code coverage reports and implement new code to cover untested areas of product
* 5-7 years software Java development experience (or other object oriented language)
* BS in CS or related field / experience
* Experience with multi-layer enterprise application
* Experience with bug tracking, test case management systems, and source control systems
* Experience designing and implementing automated Java based system and/or unit tests
* Experience testing and automating REST webservices
* Experience with rest-assured as a web service test framework
* Must be a strong team player, detail oriented, self-motivated and perform well under pressure
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills
* Working knowledge on a variety of platforms including UNIX and Windows
* Experience testing SAAS applications is a plus
* Experience in SQL and Relational Database, working knowledge in at least one major RDBMS vendor (MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL)
* Experience with Weblogic Application Server is a plus
* Experience as a member of a scrum team is a plus
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.