Sr. Software Full Stack Developer
At Oracle's UGBU, the web platform team is reinventing the framework that powers our utility-branded web applications. The web platform is a multi-tenant web delivery application and development platform, combined into one cloud based application, that allows parallel development of sophisticated web experiences. You'll be part of a team of fun, friendly, and technically skilled engineers developing our web platform. As part of this team, you will get exposure to the entire stack from building the backend services to front-end web presentations, making you a much more well-rounded engineer.
• There's a special place in your heart for jQuery but you have moved on to MVC-like frameworks such as Angular and functional programming toolsets like Underscore/Lo-dash.
• You welcome having your code reviewed regularly, and can provide meaningful code reviews for your co-workers.
• You have been using Node, Grunt, Yeoman or have been wishing you were using them.
• You think that creating pull requests for open source projects is an exciting way to participate with the community.
• Learning a new framework isn't enough for you - you want to build something and mentor others with your new knowledge.
• You are passionate about the technology as well as the product, UX, and the general quality of what you build.
• You are self assured, confident, inquisitive, persistent and willing to argue your point - but at the same time, willing to take on the opinions of others
• Excellent CS fundamentals.
• Experience with Angular, Ember, React or Flux
• Experience with Sass, LESS, or Stylus.
• Experience with Zurb Foundation or Bootstrap.
• Experience with Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, or another unit testing framework.
• Experience or interest in learning Git.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor.
• Experience building a development toolkit, SDK or similar platform for other engineers is a huge plus.
Impress Us - Show us your work on GitHub.
About Oracle UGBU
Oracle UGBU is a SaaS provider for the Utility industry, using behavioral science to improve consumer engagement and increase energy efficiency. Utilities from around the world provide energy usage data from tens of millions of customers to Oracle UGBU which we then analyze and aggregate into key insights using the latest software technologies. The challenge for the web team is to reinvent the Utility industry's web presence to bring it on par with best of breed web development.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.