Our client in Santa Clara is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in a typical Silicon Valley startup environment and follow agile methodologies to develop the next-generation Continuous Delivery platform that will change how the software applications are built, deployed and delivered in the Fortune 1000s. You will Be working directly in with the Office of the CTO who has previously worked on creating platforms for Microsoft and HBO.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Love experimenting with the new technologies (yes, we track the new stuff you do each week;)) and apply those to your current project(s)
- Be a hardcore DevOps practitioner
- Understand the big picture to develop your own plan of execution
- Clearly articulate and communicate your objectives and progress to the rest of the team
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience with Java, Go, Python and NodeJS
- Familiarity with DevOps processes and technologies including Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Strong experience with containers, Kubernetes/Swarm/Mesos
- A clear understanding and experience with microservice architecture, cloud services and deployment models
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, or Google Compute Engine
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Openshift, Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong experience developing with containers - Docker, Kubernetes/Swarm/Mesos
- Experience working in any of the following areas: systems integration, operating systems, infrastructure management platforms, DevOps platforms
- Experience Contributing to open source communities
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies, coding languages as needed
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed systems, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- MS degree in Computer Science
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.