Come join a team that is at the forefront of devices innovation at Microsoft and is passionate about creating new products for our customers. We have a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities as well as business insight. The Strategic Sourcing Group at Microsoft is seeking a passionate, motivated, and intellectually curious Strategic Semiconductor Sourcing Manager for Memory to drive impact and deliver results in the world of Microsoft Devices.
The Strategic Sourcing Group is a pivotal, upstream team in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Services Organization, part of the Windows and Devices Group at Microsoft. The Strategic Sourcing Group is responsible for all direct materials and supply chain services sourcing for our first party hardware devices. We develop partnerships with our internal hardware and software engineering and development teams and our third party external suppliers to deliver high-quality products that delight our customers and deliver on Microsoft’s ambition to create more personal computing.
• Develop and execute a market leading sourcing category and supply base strategy in the Memory (primarily DRAM, NAND) category via full market knowledge, supplier rationalization, predictable and industry leading commodity pricing plan, and total cost of ownership and cost modeling.
• Initiate and maintain high performing, long-term relationships with world class suppliers
• Negotiate commercial terms, secure components and/or services that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Microsoft
• Deliver most accurate cost and budget projections
• Create relationships with cross-functional teams to continuously improve manufacturing performance via repeatable processes and strong supplier execution
• Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across Microsoft hardware businesses
• Work and partner collaboratively with a diverse set of team members, from product incubation to end-of-life to deliver high quality products
• Design a robust supply chain to ensure consistent component supply
• 5+ years of experience with semiconductor/memory markets
• Must be a business professional with strong engineering expertise; deep industry knowledge relevant for Semiconductor and Memory markets with 5-10+ years of experience.
•Ability to partner with internal and external engineering teams to build credibility and trust while driving alignment around common strategy
•Professional degree, preferably Electrical or Computer Engineering disciplines. MBA desirable.
• Background in circuit, motherboard, or complex product design desirable. Semiconductor process and silicon knowledge a plus.
• Expertise in market analysis to measure market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc., to formulate sourcing strategies
• Financial statement analysis and cost modelling experience
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support hypothesis with facts
• Ability to clearly articulate points of view with executive management
• Ability to work independently and within a matrix environment; a self-starter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.