Location: Granville, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As an Indirect Senior Sourcing Professional, you will be the strategic sourcing lead for our Science and Technology Center located in Granville, Ohio. This role will lead and provide expertise in procuring services and products such as MRO, Capital, Finance, HR, Marketing, Site operational services, or other Business Services from external suppliers. You will lead Sourcing initiatives to successful completion in order to drive the continued success of Owens Corning. You will ensure Owens Corning's values and business policies are upheld, while demonstrating a commitment toward personal development, high performance, business acumen, market knowledge and leadership. You will manage effective relationships and communicate regularly with site stakeholders, help them utilize Sourcing processes, train stakeholders and help address any process issues, and ensure compliance with company standards and financial controls.Reports to
: Sourcing Leader, Indirect ServicesSpan of Control
: Individual ContributorJOB RESPONSIBILITIESLive the Safety standard, adhere to the safety responsibilities
Strategy and Analytics:
- Demonstrates compliance with personal safety action plan
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times
Negotiation, Strategy and Execution:
- Ability to develop knowledge of categories/ commodities and sourcing practices
- Develop a category plan for the Granville site, aligned with the sourcing strategies for categories/ commodities to deliver value and mitigate risks; understand the evolving delivery models and determine ones that best drive results; deliver year over year savings.
- Present the strategies to Indirect Sourcing Leader, other corporate category owners and leaders in Granville to create alignment
- Work with the relevant corporate category owners to escalate issues, develop strategies and work with them on larger initiatives with impact on site
- Drive results and change through analytics, business acumen and personal leadership
- Ability to analyze financials and risk to deliver enterprise value and lower risk
Develop and Maintain Business Relationships:
- Work with large cross-functional teams to support Sourcing initiatives
- Develop negotiation strategy aligned with the Corporate/Site strategies
- Aggressively lead, creatively negotiate, pursue full value and align all parties
- Good understanding of commercial contracting terms and conditions required to protect Company's interests; understand where business value or service risks exist, be able to negotiate these terms and, where required, work with Legal to finalize the contracts
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure all negotiations bring long term value without adding risk or jeopardizing our core values and supplier relationships
Continuous Improvement and Compliance:
- Develop and maintain relationships with a large number of OC stakeholders (such as Admin Team, Operations Leader, Controller, Scientists, other Leads, Directors and Executives), key suppliers and third party sourcing partners to enable accelerated achievement of business outcomes
- Determine the requirements to enhance relationships with our Suppliers and implement and manage the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program for critical suppliers to create additional value and strategic relationship with our suppliers; where required, participate with the corporate sourcing owner in SRM program for national suppliers
- Understand the engagement with suppliers across regions and businesses and measure performance
- Engage suppliers such that it is a winning relationship for both OC and the supplier in a way that upholds our core values and principles.
- Provide guidance and help address issues related to Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, and Credit Card etc.
- Train the stakeholders on Sourcing processes
- Lead sourcing process changes that improves efficiency, and eliminates risk to the organization
- Servicing multiple requests, consolidate spending and step out of the mold by developing new and innovative ideas to achieve organization outcomes while ensuring Owens Corning's policies, processes and procedures are adhered to
- Contribute to developing capabilities specific for the advancement of sourcing such as enhancing the RFP process, templates etc.
- Be the local SAP/Business Information champion for Sourcing
- Ensure compliance to Owens Corning's requirements, processes and controls
- Work with Granville administrative team to ensure compliance with P-Card, Purchase requisition, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain or other relevant field required; MBA preferred
- 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or equivalent experience in the relevant business categories, with at least 2 years in direct or joint leadership of executing critical sourcing initiatives and managing internal/external relationships, while delivering business results
- Experience in sourcing for multiple categories/commodities
- Successfully led negotiations for large multi-year contracts
About Owens Corning
- Strong interpersonal, communication, business relationship-building and presentation skills are necessary to work with a diverse spectrum of suppliers across business segments and across the globe
- Demonstrates business and financial acumen and analytics; critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Capability to learn quickly and work independently
- Build good relationships with suppliers and stakeholders; able to work with all levels of the organization and enable change
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology