Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of the Engineering, Maintenance, & Utility Department, is accountable for the management of maintenance and reliability engineers supporting manufacturing areas. This group is responsible for improving asset reliability and manufacturing capacity by providing technical support in the field on engineering resolution of manufacturing mechanical, electrical or automation problems, processes in compliance with GMP, safety, and environmental regulations. Responsible for the development of objectives and projects and upon approval, implements by self or subordinates.
- Reports to the Associate Director, Engineering, Maintenance, & Utilities, working with independent judgment and minimal supervision, and serving in the Manager's absence as delegated.
- Maintains an effective organization via appropriate employee involvement, communications, and principle centered leadership. Candidate promotes the development and accountability of all employees. Establishes clear expectations and objectives to guide area and employees' performance and provides timely feedback, training, and coaching.
- Uses technical knowledge to support manufacturing area goals, assuring the efficient operation of variety of processing equipment. Areas of responsibility include:
- Preventive/predictive maintenance processes and precision maintenance.
- Root cause failure analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Process/equipment change control.
- Quality deviation investigations.
- Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with all cGMP, safety, and environmental regulations. Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Science, 4 Year Engineering Technology Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Five (5) years of manufacturing experience or technical support group or equivalent.
- Proficient in the following competencies: empowering leadership, flexibility, motivation, teamwork/collaboration, problem-solving, communication, and computer skills.
- Knowledge and expertise in the application of engineering standards (i.e. ASME, IEEE, NFPA, CFR 1910, NIST, and/or ANSI).
- Working Knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, knowledge in reliability engineering (including asset life cycle management). Computerized Management Maintenance Systems SAP), and CMRP certification desired.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement