Sr. Specialist, Contract Consulting DESCRIPTION:
Group Benefits Contract Consulting supports the drafting, filing and implementation of group insurance contracts for a given client. This position is responsible for researching contract related inquiries, drafting contract language, and conducting various filings associated with our group insurance contracts, which helps maintain clients and support new business sales. This position reports to the Contract Consulting manager . RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cross-functionally to conduct single case filings, including negotiations with Departments of Insurance and management of objection responses
- Draft contract language to address customer specific needs while maintain our philosophy on these group products
- Provide timely contract research and consultation to internal business partners via non-standard requests
- Maintain inventory status for the team to communicate to management
- Support various projects as a subject matter expert as directed by manager
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Minimum of 2 years of insurance business operations expertise
- Solid knowledge of group products, such as Life, Disability, AD&D, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
- Collaborates well with others to drive results for the team
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines; good organizational and time management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior product filing, regulatory or legislative experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD