Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position supports External Quality Assurance (EQA) under the direction of the Business Operations Lead. This position will act as the primary team lead for identified systems and processes within EQA, with a focus on COMET SAP. Primary responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic projects
- Supporting the development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of critical processes and systems such as COMET SAP, Supplier Transparency, Deviations, and managing associated master data through change control processes
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting associated metrics.
- Functions independently and exercises a leadership role to enhance existing business processes and systems
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement:
- Assure compliance with established policies/procedures of the Division and Corporation and complies with all applicable governmental regulations (GMP, etc.), both domestic and foreign.
- Maintains and provides expertise on EQA systems, tools, data, and processes on an ongoing basis, specifically COMET SAP.
- Supports the development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of critical processes via systems support such as Deviation Management, Product Release, Documentation collaboration, COMET, Tracelink, Spotfire, Supplier Transparency, GCM, including managing associated master data
- Provide ongoing systems SME support ensuring EQA data and processes run smoothly with no interruption to supply.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting metrics.
- Establish new or improved processes, tools, and systems and drive consistent, standard business processes across EQA.
- Serve as the SPOC for IT project development and implementation.
- Responsible, as needed, for serving on teams when Quality systems representation is needed related to any systems, data, or processes in relevant areas.
- Assist in workload management for Bus Ops COMET SME team.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of Senior Management presentations
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with the MMD QO Safety and Health Policy.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Computers Science, Science or Business
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Pharmaceutical Industry (e.g., Supply Chain, Operations, Quality Assurance, Computer Science, and/or GMP environments)
- Hands-on experience working in the COMET SAP environment
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, including software packages used in the maintenance and analysis of data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, escalation and presentation skills.
- Experience developing and delivering system related training materials
- Ability to work independently with all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze complex business processes, develop and implement solutions, and communicate impact to stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to solve for complex problems, coach and mentor team members and customers, develop and deliver training materials, and ensure compliance to processes
- Leading cross-functional projects and teams
- Strong customer focus, inclusion, and collaboration
- Six Sigma / MPS knowledge
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement