Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE(NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best
people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit our website atwww.ge.com.
AtGE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It's how we've sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It's how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn't just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Architect- Application & Enterprise Architecture
Application and Enterprise Architecture
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
New Orleans, Van Buren Township
Will help architect and drive GE.com and many other of GE's highest-visibility and highest-traffic web properties. Will partner and work as part of a dynamic team on many fast-paced projects, as well as helping to set our longer-term technical direction. Will work with new technologies on the back-end and front-end, as well as technical platforms such as Drupal and WordPress.
* To work with teams on designing a relevant and effective road-map for platforms, middleware frameworks, continuous integration solutions, automation, etc.
* Work with development teams to engineer solutions with security, availability, and performance integrated and adhered to, throughout the SDLC process and not as an afterthought.
* Work with the team to extract qualities expected of a world class DevOps team.
* Run POCs on relevant cutting edge and open-source experimental technologies.
* Capacity planning, resource allocation, infrastructure strategy, design services, etc.
* Develop and maintain architectural strategies, support, and system documentation
* Define and execute cloud automation strategy for enterprise applications and app components
* Design and develop components & strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, disaster recovery, etc.
* Design and direct the implementation of Continuous Integration & Delivery Pipelines
* Automate flow of source code modification from development to production
* Automation of the deployment pipeline
* Provide deep hardware/software technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
* Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution
* Perform software upgrades and installations as required in support of cloud strategy
* Manage, oversee and mentor junior/senior DevOps / ArchOps professionals
* Minimum 5 years of Information Technology experience
* Minimum 2 years experience with Linux system administration of Apache, PHP, MySQL, Memcache
* Minimum 1 year experience with AWS Cloud services and architecture
* Minimum 1 year experience with Chef systems management - cookbook creation
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience supporting large scale web applications
* Experience with Scalr cloud management platform
* Experience with New Relic
* Experience working with databases
* Deep knowledge of architecture and design of enterprise-scale Drupal applications
* Ability to hit tight deadlines and work under pressure
* Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to technical resources
* Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
* Self-starter with an ability to solve problems with little or no direction
* Exceptional interpersonal skills - verbal, written and listening
* Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
* Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
* Hands-on experience implementing highly interactive web applications
* Hands-on experience with Agile (Scrum) and test driven development, continuous integration (Jenkins / Hudson) and version control (GIT, SVN, etc.)
* Experience in Managing the implementation of continuous delivery practices, defining the roadmap, articulating the benefits and managing the changes needed
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.