Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Build & Release Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Alpharetta, Atlanta
The Network Engineer will design & build network solutions to enable the 300,000+ GE employees across the globe. The professional will contribute to network strategy and drive delivery of network initiatives for one of the largest commercial networks in the world.
* Lead strategic WAN product designs to support global business connectivity requirements.
* Direct creation of tactical designs, configurations, scripts, and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions and transition to operational support
* Direct lifecycle management process including capacity & obsolescence risk assessments, certification & implementation of new hardware, software, & features, and maintenance of technology stack, standard configurations, & documentation
* Partner with Network Principal Technologists (PTs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to bring cutting edge networking technology to the environment through New Technology Introduction (NTI) efforts
* Partner with peer infrastructure teams, business application teams, and suppliers to contribute to large-scale programs that enable GE's infrastructure capabilities
* Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Principal Technologists, CTOs, CIOs, etc.
* Mentor team members to develop their technical expertise
* Minimum 7-10 years of experience supporting at a Fortune 500 company or large enterprise network infrastructure environment
* Minimum 10 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a primary design or technical build role in network infrastructure
* Must be willing to work out of a GE Hub/Spoke Location
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* 10 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* 7 years of experience in a primary design or technical build role in network infrastructure
* Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE, etc.
* In-depth knowledge of WAN/LAN support and engineering design for data, voice, and video networks.
* Excellent understanding of modern TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, BGP4, MPBGP, EIGRP, VRF, etc.
* Knowledge of new and evolving technologies and best practices.
* Familiarity with virtualization, SDN, automation and similar constructs.
* Experience with network management tools, scripting, and automation
* Ability to lead change and work in a fluid environment
* Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
* Shows a passion to learn and inclusive in approach
Section 19 JobYOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.