Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Build & Release Engineer - DCLAN
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Network Engineer will design network solutions to enable the 400,000+ GE employees across the globe. The professional will contribute to network strategy and drive delivery of network initiatives for one of the largest commercial networks in the world. The focus will be on best of breed dynamic network that enables our global strategic datacenters.
* Lead strategic design to extend network capabilities to meet business requirements for robust, secure, high-speed, low-latency connectivity within GE's multi-tenant datacenters
* Direct creation of tactical designs, configurations, scripts and documentation to effectively deliver network solutions and transition to operational support
* Direct lifecycle management process including proactive assessment of capacity & obsolescence risks, certification & implementation of new hardware / software / features, and maintenance of tech stack & standards documentation
* Partner with Network Principal Technologists (PTs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to bring cutting edge networking technology to the environment through New Technology Introduction (NTI) efforts
* Partner with peer infrastructure teams, business application teams, and vendor teams to contribute to large-scale programs that enable GE's infrastructure capabilities
* Mentor junior engineers to develop their technical expertise and leadership capabilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
* 10 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a primary design or architecture role in network infrastructure
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Must be willing to work out of a GE Hub location
* 12 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDP, etc.
* Demonstrated expertise and initiative by speaking at a conference such as Cisco Live, etc.
* Experience with scripting and automation a plus
* Shows a passion to learn and a thirst for knowledge
* Embraces change and able to work in a fluid environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.