Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Data & Information Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
At GE, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet.
The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. Stay connected with us. Join our Talent Community!
Seeking a Senior Architect to play a key role as a recognized subject matter expert, thought leader, and technology leader. The Senior Architect is a hands-on role, this person must be able to understand what is needed for the business, and craft a technical solutions architecture that meets or exceeds those needs, and work directly with the engineering team to bring the architecture to life in code.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience in creating data driven business solutions. This requires deep understanding of new data technologies (Hadoop, NoSQL) as well as understanding of traditional data technologies like RDBMS and Visualization technologies. Data solutions encompass the wide variety from traditional Data Warehouse and reporting solutions, to data science based solutions, and real time analytics solutions.
In this role, you will:
* Understand the business requirements and provide technical architecture, aligned with the GE Digital Solution Architecture
* Take a consultative approach to develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed business solutions to customers and GE business teams
* Provide leadership to developers in designing and developing software modules as per the defined architecture
* Be the leading expert in domain and technologies relevant to the business solution
* Provide prototypes and implementations of modules for complex or key areas of the architecture as starting points to rest of the team
* Educate the business and act as the champion for adoption of Data Lake technologies within GE businesses
* Bring learning from the business use cases to improve the platform.
* Help businesses in achieving their goals in solution delivery with quality
* Provide direction and guidance to the business in discovering new solutions and set objectives, and to produce plans, roadmaps, and methodologies
* Project manage team of developers in offshore and onshore location, interfacing with 3rd party vendor resources.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
* A minimum of 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines
* Minimum 8 year hands-on experience in designing and developing software modules
* Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in most of the data technologies - RDBMS (MySQL), MPP (Greenplum), Big Data (Hadoop), NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra).
* Minimum 1 year hands-on experience in data visualization solutions and technologies - Domo
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems, underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, file systems and IO.
* Solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
* Specialist in at least 2-3 of the following: Hadoop, Greenplum, Kafka, Storm, Solr, Spark.
* Experience building solutions in customer facing, high-availability, large scale environments.
* Experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, PHP or Perl
* Must have an understanding of building and managing large-scale distributed systems and application architectures
* Experience working in Agile environments
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.