At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced fuels related problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses superior knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and regulations. Functions with recognized industry-level of expertise in a technical area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform advanced nuclear engineering and technical tasks in support of nuclear plant operations.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects.
- Provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement nuclear engineering activities related to plant safety, reliability, maintainability, and availability ensuring compliance to customer's needs, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve problems.
- Provides initial or complete task management of nuclear engineering issues.
- Recommends new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify operations, reduce costs, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- Supports plant design modifications, testing and problem solving, as necessary.
- Assure all nuclear engineering products prepared or overseen are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, and all regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement and coordinate functional supervisory activities including, but not limited to, personnel, budgetary accountabilities and planning goals with respect to Nuclear Fuels personnel.
- B. S. degree in Nuclear Engineering or related science or Professional Engineering Registration
- Typically a minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and exceptional performance
- Placement into this classification requires VP, Nuclear Fuels approval
- Professional Engineering Registration, advanced technical degree or Coursework.
- QNE Qualification or SRO Certification, desired
Qualifications- Possess superior technical expertise as either a multi-disciplined technical leader or as a specific discipline expert.