Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Infrastructure Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Alpharetta, Cincinnati
The Network Architect will design network solutions to enable the 300,000+ GE employees across the globe. The professional will serve as a high-level technical expert, recommending strategy and developing innovative networking solutions for one of the largest commercial networks in the world.
* Partner with business associates as a Network expert to lead and contribute to large-scale multi-phase programs to enable GE core network services
* Architect, design, and deliver cutting edge networking technology to the environment by driving New Technology Introduction (NTI) efforts to expand upon the current services footprint
* Develop Network Reference Architectures.
* Mentor team members to develop their technical expertise
* Build upon the first phase of global network implementation to expand capability to meet critical requirements for Cloud, Edge, Core, third-party connectivity, Outbound Access, Acquisition and Divestitures activities, Mutli-Tenant Data Center Cores/LAN, etc.
* Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Principal Technologists, CTOs, CIOs, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
* Minimum 10 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a primary design or architecture role in network infrastructure
* Must be willing to work out of a GE Hub Location
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* 12 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* 7 years of experience in a primary design or architecture role in network infrastructure
* Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE, etc.
* In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks.
* Ability to lead change.
* Knowledge of new and evolving technologies and practices.
* Excellent understanding of modern TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, BGP4, MPBGP, EIGRP, VRF, etc.
* Familiarity with virtualization, SDN, automation and similar constructs.
* Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.