Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr. Staff Network Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Alpharetta, Cincinnati
This role will be responsible for driving network operations programs and support for the data center and enterprise LAN environment at GE. This will include interacting with strategic global vendors to maintain and support our infrastructure, making changes to critical infrastructure, resolving incidents, leading problem tickets, and driving programs to increase the performance and availability of our environment. The scope of this role will be primarily focused on LAN technologies.
* Participate with Corporate CTO organization to architect, design, implement and support network security services for Shared Networking Services in data center and enterprise LAN environments
* Provide core competencies in complex enterprise local area networking, multi-protocol network transport techniques, LAN switches and Layer 4-7 content switching and firewalls
* Provide subject matter expertise in all secure network services to support the GE business team
* Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, Principal Technologist, CTO, CIOs, etc
* Review new design and architecture standards. Provide input to enhance quality ensuring standards can be supported operationally
* Provide L4 support for GE's Data Center and Enterprise LAN environment.
* Provide technical leadership to L2/L3 engineers
* Part of an on call rotation (24x7x365) for critical outages.
* Proactive health, capacity, failover planning and obsolescence management in the edge network.
* Drive projects the will improve automation
* Leading programs focused on improving the automation, performance and availability of our LAN environments
* Leading the restoration of highly critical incidents.
* Lead/Review the change planning / scripting / implementation of high profile changes.
* Leading the follow up, investigative and resolution actions for systemic problems in the environment.
* Day to day operational functions related to core routing/switching, firewalls, IPS, F5 and WAN connectivity.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
* Minimum 8 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure
* Minimum 8 years of experience in a primary design, architecture or support role in network infrastructure
* CISCO CCIE Route Switch Certification or equivalent experience
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Cincinnati Ohio or Atlanta Georgia
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Multiple years of experience designing/implementing/supporting Cisco switching
* Multiple years of experience designing/implementing/supporting Cisco ASA firewall
* Multiple years of experience designing/implementing/supporting F5 LTMs
* Experience supporting IPS products
* Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
* F5 Certified Engineer
* Exhibit strong cross-functional team skills working seamlessly across heavily matrixed structure
* Highly organized, results driven, independent and clear thinker with strong team building skills
* Demonstrated leadership qualities
* Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, with the ability to quickly build credibility to influence and make recommendations to all levels of the organization
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.