At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sr Staff Project Manager will lead in regards to the development and execution of projects; ensure customer satisfaction, develop relationships, protect the Company's position, and maximize the projects objective.
• Lead and direct project team members, ensure overall successful execution for projects and implement the project strategy with project team members
• Manage customer relationship & expectations
• Ensure necessary support is obtained from Engineering and other functions in order to meet the project objectives and/or milestones
• Establish and agree on a schedule of activities leading to the completion of the contract with clear milestones, deliverables and acceptance defined criteria
• Produce and maintain the project management plan
• Ensure adequate progress and financial reviews are undertaken
• Keep Senior Management informed of project progression and highlights any major concerns / issues / successes as they arise
• Prepare and present formal presentations in order to communicate project progression, issues, risks and opportunities to management
• Manage the day-to-day interface with the customer and ensure all communication is effectively controlled
• Ensure the project team is effectively structured and the roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, coordinated and understood
• Manage the changes, errors and omissions to reduce the effects on the project
• Ensure the Company's commercial and contractual position is not compromised
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in project management, preferably in the delivery of software solutions
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA / Longmont, CO / New Orleans, LA / Houston, TX
• Must be willing to travel roughly 20%-40% of the time
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
• Computer science or software development background
• Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Ability to influence others & lead initiatives
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to coordinate & lead in a matrix organization
• Familiarity with budgets, finance
• Familiar with modern project management techniques and software systems
• Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery
Locations: United States ; Texas; Houston
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.