GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Quality Test Engineer
Design and User Experience
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Chicago
As a Sr. Staff Quality Test Engineer, you will apply your knowledge of Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Testing methodologies to help define, design and deliver regular releases of software products, with in planned schedule with superb quality.
You will lead efforts to drive automated testing, test driven development, and collaborate with software development and engineering stakeholders to establish a QA vision for multiple product offerings that address customer needs across multiple specialized business domains.
* Designing testing strategy/implementation for highly complex modules, critical components & whole application/product release
* Driving the Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit/module/integration/system, as well as user acceptance testing
* Has the vision to understand/design/integrate quality w/in SDLC. Shows deep understanding of architecture, scalability, availability and performance considerations as well as its impact on quality engineering.
In this role, you will:
* Provide expertise in Design, Architecture, Development and Shipping from Quality Engineering perspective
* Lead impact assessment and decision related to Quality Engineering plan and strategy for the whole release.
* Demonstration of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
* Provides subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
* Navigate through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations
* Demonstrate expert level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view.
* Demonstrate the ability of benchmarking against competition.
* Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus
* Lead Quality Engineering efforts across the product version/s
* Provide expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process.
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Seen as a technical leader
* Leads discussions about Software Quality Engineering across product/application release.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university
* A minimum of 10 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master's degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel up to 15%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA or Chicago, IL
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Develop functional and integration tests and demonstrating awareness of the various testing types and methodologies and using test driven development practices
* Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code and/or shell scripts for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
* Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
* Must be able to develop automation for both backend and UI using tools such as Test NG and Selenium are required.
* Knowledge of open source test automation frameworks is required
* Implement system-level integration testing
* Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
* Exposure to cloud foundry environment is desired.
* Experience with Java SE/EE, Web Technologies, Web Services/XML/Micro services, Linux/Solaris OS experience
• Solid understanding of how the JVM manages resources: locks, threads, I/O, memory, etc.
* Knowledgeable about useful metrics, and how to work with them to track against goals/KPIs
* Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
* Demonstrates deep understanding of competitive landscape, latest trends and technologies in Quality Engineering.
* Collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
* Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
* Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
* Experience in working on multiple projects at the same time is required
* Navigates through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations.
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
* Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
* Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
* Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
* Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
* Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.