Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Risk Advisor
Risk & Compliance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, New Orleans
This position will provide management with strategic analysis, own application and infrastructure risk assessment for Digital P&L and will partner with each function to help establish risk appetite. Together with the CIO functions they will identify strategic risk and market trends associated with their business operating environments including obsolescence, product and data management, security controls, cloud and corresponding risk infrastructure.
The role will capture emerging risks and identify any potential material or concentration of technology risks within function. They will ensure appropriate governance systems are in place to help manage and reduce the likelihood or impact of any business risk as a result of service or solution delivery.
Defines and delivers risk and security governance strategy ensuring CIO functions have tools, process and systems to make risk aware decisions
Drive risk and security awareness with CIO functions including partnering with Predix CyberSecurity team to develop cohesive governance structures aligning to regulatory requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
* Develop Risk/Control framework using industry standards to develop risk scenarios to assess impact of events occurring.
* Provide effective challenge and guidance ensure appropriate governance of risks related to products, customers and strategy and ensure platform is operating within tolerances.
* Partner with central risk organization to ensure risk and security tools and processes are utilized to monitor, report and track technology risk
* Work with risk management to coordinate processes around identification, assessment, and management business risk
* Responsible to canvassing external industry to ensure risk governance program remains agile and can support speed of business change.
* Coordinate monthly and quarterly risk governance reporting including application and infrastructure risk profiles.
* Bachelors degree (or 4 years equivalent work experience)
* Minimum 7+ years IT experience
* Must be 18 years or older
* Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
* Must be willing to submit to a drug test, and background investigation as a part of the screening process
* This role can be located in San Ramon, CA or New Orleans, LA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Self-starter, with ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver solid action oriented results.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines efficiently and effectively
* Experience influencing and leading global cross functional teams/projects
* Experience with GE industrial's regulatory requirements a strong plus
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and train others on regulatory requirements
* Strong analytical skills with solid working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
* IT and/or audit certifications(s) a plus, such as CRISC, CISA or CISSP
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.