Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Staff Software Architect - B2B eCommerce
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
Sr Staff Software Architect - B2B eCommerce will:
* Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
* Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
* Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
* Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
* Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
* Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
* Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
* Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
* Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product.
* Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
* Design and implement the analytical/reporting strategy for GE Power's Customer Collaboration Platform to drive transactional processes for Orders, Invoices, Cash Receivables.
* Design and implement the integration strategy with the underlying ERP and Customer's Portals/ systems. Implement middleware standards for near to real time/batch data updates. Execute the broader instance strategy around the data warehouse and reporting platforms.
* Support leadership as a contributor to the development of vision and future direction of the Order-to-Cash (O2C) area. Partner with the GE Corporate O2C team to define the key metrics and drive availability of those on the platform.
* Design and operationalize the GE Power O2C Governance process to ensure compliance with GE Enterprise Standards.
* Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 10 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master's degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience
* Minimum of 2 years of working knowledge on Order-to-Cash (O2C) with experience on automated exchange of commercial documents such as quotes, orders, invoices.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Ability and willingness to travel, as required
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, GA
* Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
* Knowledgeable about developments in UX in various contexts, businesses, and industries. Quantifies effectiveness of design choices by gathering data. Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program.
* SAP / Ariba Certification is a plus.
* Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
* Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
* Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
* Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
* Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
* Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
* Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly.
* Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.