Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr. Staff UX Interaction Designer
Design and User Experience
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be a technology leader within the Service Management UX development team as part of Core Tech Solutions. If you know ITIL, great! If you don't, don't worry, we want you too! You and the team will be responsible for designing/developing cutting edge user experiences within ServiceNow and other technologies. This a technical position with key focus on user experience/interface. You will be SME expert in several technologies and be comfortable with Agile development methodology.
* Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
* Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
* Work with Product Owners/Managers to understand product requirements & vision
Lead evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
* Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
* Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level
* Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
* Provide 24x7 on call support for Business Critical Incidents as needed
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors
(Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a minimum of 8 years of professional
technical experience Deep technical knowledge (4+ years) of ServiceNow in a
development and/or platform management capacity
* Minimum 2 years of proven experience with project management
* Strong experience with web based development languages;
* Solid understanding of the principles of design thinking,
* Strong understanding of ITIL and Service Management
* Agile Scrum experience a plus
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will
not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe
CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and
interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
* ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ITIL Certification
or other relevant certifications
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including
the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to
audiences at all levels
* Creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to remain
enthusiastic, while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
* Comfortable with ambiguity, able to make decisions
* Demonstrated customer focus, evaluating decisions through
the eyes of the customer and partnering with customers to help shape their
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.