Sr. Staffing Specialist
A Senior Associate at Capital One, under limited direction, provides quantitative and qualitative analysis of business processes for management in order to maintain and improve call center workflow and support strategy decisions. Primary responsibilities will be in the area of Workforce Management, but may focus on process flow/footprint/skilling analysis and redesign, call center metric analysis, capacity planning, process modeling and improvement. May be involved in daily support of domestic and international call centers through call flow management, call volume forecasting, workforce management and scheduling as well as long term staffing and budgeting. May develop a variety of profiles, queries, or reports using statistical analysis or other software application packages and business unit database or mainframe system to assist end-users (or business unit clients) in analysis activities.
1. Review, monitor and analyze moderately complex work processes to develop recommendations for strategy and business process change related to call flow management, staffing/scheduling, and call volume forecasting as well as general call center operations to enhance business unit efficiency
2. Act as primary contact for the Aspect eWorkforce Management scheduling system. Respond to internal customers when there are technical outages, open technical support tickets and train internal and external partners on workforce management customer facing systems
3. Support start-up and continuing operation of all Capital One operated and outsourced overseas call centers. This includes but is not limited to: add call flow feeds to the workforce management platform, setup forecast/scheduling groups, enter trial schedules, generate net staffing, align breaks, optimize shift alignments, create future staffing plans, utilize intraday reporting, and monitor the real time adherence software. Tailor capacity planning and workforce management strategies/processes to ensure relevancy at multiple international environments
4. Provide recommendations and information for the preparation of project plans. Ensure projects are implemented on time and within cost. Communicate both project status and deliverables to appropriate individuals. Assume lead responsibilities on consultation assignments which include: schedule meetings with customer, collect production measures required to establish staff requirements, attain enough historical information for trending/projections and adapt process to customer's business rules
5. Develop process changes, queuing theory studies, simulation modeling, facility design, feasibility studies, statistical analysis, and software design requirements under the guidance of senior staff. May build capacity planning and forecasting models. Assume individual analysis of moderately complex work process assignments for the same purposes
6. Develop and create presentations for management on initiatives and programs. Prepare and deliver communication based on an understanding of proper channels and tailors the message to the appropriate audience
7. Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Capital One and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events
8. Support the Company's Diversity programs
9. Complete other related duties as assigned
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process professionals who excel in a team environment. This person will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly. The ability to influence up is key to success in this position. The ideal candidate is highly inquisitive and proactively takes ownership of their processes, leading peers horizontally.
- High School Diploma, GED or Military experience
- At least 1 year of operations process or at least 1 year of workforce management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 3 years’ experience in Call Center Workforce Management
- Knowledge of Workforce Planning software – Aspect preferred, but Verint, Nice or Teleopti acceptable
- Membership in Society of Workforce Planning Professionals (SWPP)
- Information technology expertise in SAS Business Objects, Tableau, SQL or other querying tools/language
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project management certification
- Two years’ experience of Call Center infrastructure or telephony knowledge
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.