At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Statistical Computing and Machine Learning Scientist to join the Consumer Business Group's Analytics Center of Excellence located in Maplewood, MinnesotaJob Summary:
You will be part of a team developing world-class process and tools for integrating machine learning, statistical computing, and artificial intelligence into everyday business critical processes ranging from inventory optimization, consumer segmentation, to multichannel marketing optimization. You will be collaboratively and creatively inventing new to the world combinations of statistical computing and machine learning methods to transform commerce (both brick-and-mortar and ecommerce). You will be helping build automated, intelligent system that transform how 3M--of the world's most innovative, science-based companies--operates.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Innovate at the at the intersection of computer science, statistics, machine learning, and optimization
- Apply state-of the-art machine learning and statistical computing methods to diverse datasets
- Collaborate with teams developing new to 3M and new-to-the world capabilities integrating machine learning/data science processes into business operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Experience in machine learning and computational statistics
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Mathematics from an accredited university
- Completed advanced undergraduate and/or graduate course(s) in statistical computing, machine learning, multi-objective optimization, and advanced experimental design and multivariate analysis
- Expert at employing statistical computing/data science toolsets including R
- Proficiency in programming (such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.).
- Previous experience applying machine learning and statistical computing in a business/industrial setting
- Expert at employing machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, Neural Networks, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
May include up to 5% travelRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.