Are you an experienced Storage & Virtualization Engineer with a deep understanding of multiple storage and virtualization technologies? Does the challenge of supporting a growing multi petabyte environment across multiple data centers excite you? If yes, then come join us on our road to delivering infrastructure on demand to our growing business. There is a direct line between The Company's success with the customer and our ability to leverage new technologies.
The System Engineer contributes to the creation and maintenance of policy, governance, principles and direction of Enterprise storage, file sharing, hypervisor and cloud based infrastructure. Provides subject matter expertise on Network Attached Storage (NAS), block storage, server hardware, virtual and cloud enabling infrastructures. He or she contributes to the efforts to ensure security, compliance, performance, service level agreements, operating level agreements and operation standards are met for the core server, storage and virtual infrastructure. The System Engineer additionally contributes to the architectural decisions, focusing on systems delivery. Candidates must be a self-starter, have a broad technical background, possess both critical thinking and analytical skills and must be able to manage many tasks at any given time.
A day in the life...
Storage provisioning and implementing best practices for block, fiber channel/ iSCSI and NAS
Proactively managing capacity, performance and lifecycle across storage infrastructure. Perform regular review of trending data.
Develop automation, tools and procedures that improves operation efficiency and consistency based on requirements. Automate standard operating procedures
Participate in activities within the Storage and Converged Systems group using standardized documented policies and procedures, adhering to departmental principles. Meet deadlines according to plans developed in collaboration with users
Ensures that the relevant infrastructures are in compliance with security policies, procedures, and appropriate PCI/ PII requirements.
Assist in the development, documenting, communicating and carrying out of procedures designed to facilitate recovery from storage or related platform failure. Review clustering, replication, backup and archiving options, ensure they are designed and configured optimally for the business needs.
Keeps abreast of developments in the field and recommend new technologies and services that are beneficial to storage, virtual platforms and Cloud related systems.
Performs other related duties as assigned and participates in an 24/7 on call rotation
You own this if you have...
* 3 or more years experience in an Infrastructure Engineering capacity directly supporting Pure, Netapp and EMC storage, Vmware hypervisors, cloud systems and MDS switches. Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Unix, Database, Enterprise backups, Active Directory, VDI, DNS and DHCP as it relates to their server and storage needs.
* Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
* Experience demonstrating meeting and reporting on goals, metrics, and objectives; adhering to IT operations strategies and practices.
* Demonstrated ability to understand project business requirements and develop systems along those lines. Demonstrated expertise in information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of client solutions.
* Strong at design, implementation, operation and troubleshooting of storage and virtualized systems
* Ability and skill to influence others in a matrix organization; Ability to participate with management in decision support mode through the development and delivery of appropriate management information.
Highly Desired Requirements
* Ability to develop automation of infrastructure as a service using orchestrations tools like vCommander, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, or WFA. Ability to create and modify scripts used to automate various functions
* Experience with managing capacity in large environments
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.