Sr. Storage Software Applications Engineer Job Description
The Storage Software Application Engineer is primarily a Software Engineer familiar with Server and Workstation Hardware/Software. PAEs are customer facing working with key Storage OEMs, ODMs, OSVs and major end users implementing Intel's VROC Virtual RAID on CPU and Intel RSTe Rapid Storage Technology enterprise products. Key Duties and responsibilities: Ensure that VROC and RSTe software products run best on Intel's latest and upcoming platforms and technologies. Support and influence HW developers during all phases of HW/SW development cycle incl. feature definition, project setup, project execution, tech support for goto market collateral. Additional responsibilities include replication of customer reported issues that need initial triage or verification of a solution or workaround. AEs also work with TMEs to develop effective documentation including TPS, User Guides, Solution Briefs and assist in competitive analysis of various HW and SW competing technologies. The AE will work with BIOS, UEFI,various CLI and other technologies, reviews code, and performs testing and debugging of systems. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.Qualifications Education:
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 10 years additional experience or a Master of Science degree with at least 6 years additional experience, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of Processors, chipsets, PCIe, SATA, NVMe, SAS, memory used on Servers or Workstations
- Minimum of 6 years of Software Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows and various Linux distributions
- Minimum of 6 years of Software and Hardware debugging techniques
- The ability to develop technical training materials is important
- Internal and external communication is critical for this position as the team is geographically disbursed
- The candidate must be able to work with server hardware to troubleshoot hardware/software issues related to Storage RAID, SATA, NVMe that may include BIOS, FW and driver changes
- Some international travel may be required. This is a senior contributor position so 7 or more years experience in a similar role is expected
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using various debugger tools
- Potential to lead a team of engineers across multiple projects would be very desirable
- Ability to work with external customers to triage and represent customer issues to the development team
- Attention to detail and multitasking is a critical skill required for this position
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.