The strategy function at Frito-Lay is responsible for providing thought leadership to the President of Frito-Lay North America, other senior leaders and various cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Sales, Finance and others. Work is often "project-based", requiring an in-depth point-of-view on existing and new categories, potential acquisitions and transformative change initiatives. In addition to ad-hoc projects, the Strategy function leads the development and coordination of the Frito-Lay North America Strategic Plan (FLNA PSP). The Strategy function will develop presentations for internal/external meetings such as the annual planning cycle and weekly executive committee meetings. The Strategy function also tracks competitive performance that results in report-outs to the Frito-Lay executive team. As needed, the Strategy function will screen potential M&A candidates and perform diligence to understand strategic fit and rationale for acquisition.
Our objective is to have Sr. Analysts learn the complexities of our business and, together with group leadership, develop a plan for their future career at PepsiCo. Former members of the Strategy team have moved successfully into finance, operations, and marketing careers across PepsiCo, or have gone on to attend the nation's leading business schools. In fact, many of PepsiCo's senior executives (including the Chairman) are alums of the department.
The role of Sr. Analyst is a critical one for the team. By working both independently on certain projects, and closely with Managers and Directors on others, Sr. Analysts are expected to bring a creative and analytical skill set to solving strategic issues for the company. Typically Sr. Analysts will serve on a few of the large, core projects (typically driven by a Manager or Director), plus be assigned a few smaller projects independently. Qualifications/Requirements
- 1 - 3 years of management consulting experience with exposure to consumer/retail/manufacturing clients
- Work collaboratively with the broader FLNA Strategy team
- Scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers to key questions for driving growth
- Understand the required data set to complete the analysis and procure it accordingly
- Analyze data and translate findings into meaningful consumer insights, integrating relevant business knowledge as well as learning from other projects/sources
- Deliver timely, zero-defect execution of analysis, with minimal support
- Leverage Excel and other quantitative tools for the analytical heavy lifting
- Communicate the implications of the analysis to upper management clearly
- Leverage PowerPoint to create an impactful, concise, and defect free slide loop
Not Eligible for Relocation