As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The device organization is responsible for $10B+ annual spend on sourcing devices for TMUS enterprise, including Magenta and Metro PCS brands, managing over 60M devices on the network, as well as TMUS device technology innovations. Device Strategy team is building device strategies and roadmap that fuel enterprise growth for T-Mobile with direct accountability for making the optimal decisions to drive subscriber growth, improve device costs, accelerate technology innovations and capitalize on insights from customers device purchase to help TMUS achieve financial and growth targets.
The Device Strategy Senior Manager will be a key member to the team that designs, creates, and operates strategic and analytical frameworks to provide insights and guidance for T-Mobile device strategies that fuel growth, profitability, and cash flow
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following (or related) industries: telecom, wireless, mobile devices, subscription services, consumer electronics, retail, supply chain operations
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferably Industrial Engineering, Electric Engineering, Statistics or Math, and Masters/PhD Degree in Operations Research, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Economics or MBA preferred
- Ability to frame unstructured and complex analytical problems
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills. Deep expertise in MS Excel
- Strong financial modeling, forecasting, and statistical modeling, background and skills
- Deep understanding and experience in consumer behavior and research particularly in technology context
- Comfortable extracting and manipulating large datasets with SQL and SAS
- Excellent communication skills: ability to present analytical results to executives in verbal and written form and ability to influence senior leaders, peers, and other organization members. Deep expertise in creating executive level presentations in MS PowerPoint
- Be flexible, a self-starter, and comfortable working in an rapidly changing environment
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ownership and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Construct and operate an analytical framework to guide device selection, sourcing, portfolio management, device life cycle decisions
- Explore and synthesize insights from technology, industry, and competitive research
- Work with key enterprise stakeholders including marketing, technology, sales, care, and supply chain to develop short and long term device strategies, provide key analysis, and advise on opportunities and threats identified through strategic thinking, data analysis, research
- Structure complex business models to provide analytics and guidance to OEM negotiations
- Create and deliver executive level presentations and dashboards on device strategies, insights, and execution to senior management and partner organizations
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.